FAQs Answers common questions and explains the responsibilities of approved institutions. Recommended reading.
Please note that the Administrative Rules have been updated, effective December 19, 2017. Please familiarize yourself with these updates, as well as the changes in the fee schedule.
- NOTE: These orientation sessions are for institutions seeking authorization to operate in Illinois and the approval to offer degrees at the associate degree level and above. There are no orientation sessions scheduled for PBVS institutions at this time.
- Learn about the process by attending an orientation session. Attendance is required for all institutions that are new to Illinois. Register online for an Orientation Session.
- Create a log-in identification and password. Electronic submissions (e-submissions) are required for all applications, notices of intent, and related correspondence submitted to the IBHE. Register online Institution Registration.
- Notice of Intent (also known as “NOI”) Log-In
- Application for Authority / Approval Log-In
- Notification of Institutional Change Log-In
IBHE created a new notification form for institutional changes (e.g., institution name, address, site, ownership, status as not-for-profit, etc.).
- Request Program Modification / Change Log-In
IBHE created a new change request. The form will allow you to select the approved program and regions where you want to make a modification. In addition, the form has a more detailed selection of requests to change an approved program. The fee charges apply to Illinois Proprietary Institutions and Out-of-State Institutions. These fees must be paid prior to staff analysis of program modifications. An automatic fee calculator will total the fees similar to the calculator used in the operating and degree program approval process. See Fee Schedule for more information.
Other Requirements - see FAQs
References / Links
- Administrative Rules (23 III. Admin. Code1030) (December 2017)
- Fee Schedule effective December 19, 2017. Applies to Illinois Proprietary Institutions (for-profit). Submissions with insufficient fees shall be considered incomplete. The Board will notify the institution of the amount due. No further action shall be taken by the Board until the full amount due is submitted. Payments sent before requests are submitted online will be returned.
- Higher Education Regions (Map)
- Notices of Intent (NOIs) Submitted