Skip to Content
Illinois Board of Higher Education

Officer Infomation & Search

IBHE Institutional Closure Information

Resources for Institutions
List of Closed/Teach Out Institutions
The following degree-granting institutions have formally notified the Illinois Board of Higher Education of their recent closure. Please click on the institution’s name for more information. A list of other closed degree-granting institutions and Private Business and Vocational Schools (PBVS) can be found below:

Resources for Students
How can I get a copy of my transcripts?

Please click on the institution’s name above and the information can be found there.

Where can I find out additional information about my Monetary Award Program (MAP) grant?

Visit the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website, or email them at or call 1.800.899.ISAC (4722) from 8-5 CT for assistance.

Where can I turn for assistance and questions about my federal students loans?

Please contact the U.S. Department of Education for additional federal student loan questions:

How do I transfer to another institution?

Below you will find a few resources that might help you in determining the best route for transferring. First, we have a list of institutions within the region. Also, we have included links to two important Illinois transfer tools called MyCreditsTransfer and the Illinois Articulation Initiative (also known as IAI). The MyCreditsTransfer website will show how your earned credits will transfer to other Illinois institutions. The IAI website provides a lot of helpful information about how to transfer to another institution in the state, including a student page.

How do I find more information about other institutions in the state?

Below you will find a comprehensive list of all institutions in the state, alphabetically and by sector. There is also a link to our institutional profiles system, which includes in-depth information that could help you select a transfer destination such as student success measures, current program offerings, tuition and fees, and accreditation.

How can I find out contact information for my Senator, Representative, or the Governor’s Office?

Please click on the links below for the information:

How do I file a complaint?

To file a complaint with the Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE), the student must first follow the institution’s complaint process. After completing that process, a formal complaint can be filed here with IBHE.

For information on filing a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General's Office, click here.

Where can I go for questions about a community college within the State of Illinois?

Please visit ICCB’s website

Where can I go for any other unanswered questions?

You can email and we will get back with you!


Copyright 2016