DataPOINTS is analysis of higher education data by IBHE Information Management and Research
• The enrollment information is based on the IPEDS fall enrollment survey for 2017-18.
• A list of the out-of-state peers for the Illinois public universities:
DEGREE PRODUCTIVITY AT ILLINOIS PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES - Degrees Per 100 (pdf)
• The peers for the Illinois community colleges and the Illinois not-for-profit private institutions included all the institutions within the same sector in the following states: Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
• Traditionally underrepresented included the following race/ethnic categories: African-American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, Hispanic, Asian, two or more races. Individuals in the race/ethnicity unknown or non-resident alien categories were excluded from the calculations.
• In the more sector specific charts, the ‘other’ race/ethnicity category was defined as: American Indian or Alaska Native; Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander; and two or more races.
• The diversity index is largely based on the work of McLaughlin, McLaughlin, and McLaughlin (2015). http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1360080X.2015.1019124