Skip to Content

Private Business & Vocational Schools (PBVS)
Closed Schools

PBVS Closed Schools Information

Please note:

  • There is a $10 fee per copy of the student record.

  • IBHE requires a self-addressed, stamped business size #10 envelope for all transcript requests.
    Records are sent via USPS mail only. (See instructions at bottom of this page).

  • All record requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
    There is no process to expedite record requests.

  • All records are copies. IBHE does not act as a representative of any closed school and cannot release official transcripts or validate/certify any student’s education or graduation.

There are NO copies of diplomas or certificates.

Closed School Lists and Transcript Request Form

Additional Information

  • For closed public high schools:
    Closed public school records are kept by regional offices of education.
    The directory can be found here: ISBE REGIONAL OFFICES OF EDUCATION .
    For more information about records from closed high schools, call 217-782-4321.

  • For GED records:
    Please visit ICCB GED INFORMATION or call 217-785-0123.

  • If you attended a school located in another state: IBHE does not have records for closed schools in other states.

Instructions for SASE

i.e., self address stamp env.

Where can I go for any other unanswered questions?

You can email and we will get back with you!